University of Cape Coast (UCC) confers a Doctorate of Science Degree, Honoris Causa, on Rev. Prof. Harold Stewart Amonoo-Kuofi
The University of Cape Coast (UCC) has conferred the Degree of Doctor of Science, Honoris Causa, on Rev. Prof. Harold Stewart Amonoo-Kuofi for his remarkable impact on the medical ethos of college life, exemplary leadership, and for successfully raising the profile of the UCC, especially the School of Medical Sciences and the College of Health and Allied Sciences.
Rev. Prof. Harold Stewart Amonoo-Kuofi at a glance:
• Born in Takoradi in the Western Region
• Started academic and professional career as a demonstrator at the Royal Free Hospital of Medicine in London.
• Served as Associate Professor of Anatomy and Assistant Professor of Anatomy at the College of Medicine, King Saudi University, Saudi Arabia from 1995 to 2005.
• Senior Lecturer, Neurological Laboratory at the University of Durham, England from 1985 to 1986;
• Acting Head of the Department of Anatomy, University of Ilorin, Nigeria from 1983 to 1985
• Senior Lecturer at the Department of Anatomy, University of Ilorin, Nigeria from 1982 to 1983
• Joined UCC as Professor of Clinical Anatomy from August 2005 to December 2007
• Became Founding Dean of the School of Medical Sciences from 2008 to July 2014
• Appointed Provost of the College of Health and Allied Sciences of the UCC from 2014 to 2017.”
• Played instrumental in the elevation of the Cape Coast Regional to the status of a Teaching Hospital as well as the establishment of the Diagnostic Centre and Clinical Teaching Centre of UCC at the Central Regional Teaching Hospital.
• Currently serving his second term as Chairman of the Governing Council of Cape Coast Technical University.
• Conferred Degree of Doctor of Science, Honoris Causa by UCC in 2023
Source: University of Cape Coast