Directorate of Internal Audit
The Director of Internal Audit is a high level independent corporate executive with overall responsibility for the Directorate of Internal Audit. He is fully conversant with the risks, goals, policies, and processes of the University.
The Director of Internal Audit administratively reports to the Vice-Chancellor.
In general, the Internal Auditor provides an independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the University’s operations. He helps the University to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluating and improving risk management, control, and governance processes.
The duties and responsibilities of the Internal Auditor include:
- Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting;
- Financial and operational controls in the University;
- Evaluate the procedures of the University to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals;
- Monitoring reports and ensures compliance with the relevant laws and regulations compliance with established policies, plan and procedures;
- Appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities.
- Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses;
- Ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making;
- Drawing the Vice-Chancellor’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances of duplicated functions, waste or other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary;
- Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimizing weaknesses.
Profile of Stephen Ayambila
Mr. Stephen Ayambila Atianeere assumed duty as the Director of Internal Audit of Cape Coast Technical University on October 1, 2019. He is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG). He holds an MBA from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), and a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com) degree and a Diploma in Education, obtained concurrently from the University of Cape Coast (UCC). He is also certified by the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) and possesses Ghana Securities Industry Certificate. He is a product of Kumasi High School, in the Ashanti Region, where he obtained both his “O” Level and “A” Level Certificates. He had his Basic School Education at Bomso Local Authority (L/A) and Kotei Roman Catholic (R/C) Middle School, also in the Ashanti Region.
He has more than 20 years’ experience in Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Taxation and Project Management. He has held higher level positions in the corporate world, and has excellent experience in public practice.
He was an Audit Manager and a Business Development Consultant with KNA Consult (Chartered Accountants) from June 2017 to September 2019. He led and supervised audit teams, conducted field investigations, installed accounting systems and provided on-site consultancy support. He also provided Financial Advisory and Tax Planning and Compliance Services to Clients.
As the Chief Accountant of the Cocoa Abrabopa Association from September 2007 to May 2017, he achieved significant milestones for the Association and substantially assisted the then newly established sister Companies (‘Masara N’arziki’ Farmers Association in Northern Ghana, Kumankoma Company Limited in Ashanti Region and ‘Coco Lila’ in Liberia) to navigate smoothly through the initial post incorporation challenges. One of his remarkable achievements was the award of a GHS7, 100,000 sponsorship grant in 2012 by the Netherlands Govement to the Cocoa Abrabopa Association, following a business proposal, on Sustainable Cocoa Production for Ghanaian farmers, he prepared.
He functioned as Senior Accountant and Accounts Manager in Allied Oil and Ghana Cotton Company respectively for a combined period of nine years, from 1998 to 2007. He also held the National Financial Secretary position of the National Service Personnel Association (NASPA) from 1995/96 to 1996/97 service years. During his term, he led the 10th Anniversary fundraising activities and contributed to the remarkable success of the Anniversary celebrations in 1996.
Mr. Atianeere has attended numerous professional and managerial seminars and workshops and has served as a resource person on some of the workshops.
He is a Christian and is married with three lovely children, a boy and two girls. He is also a sports enthusiast and likes to watch athletics and soccer on television. He participated and won a lot of laurels for himself and the institutions he attended.