Directorate of Works
The Director of Works and Physical Development operates under the Vice-Chancellor. He is responsible for the overall development and maintenance of the Physical environment of the University and the provision of essential services in an effective and efficient manner.
The Director of Works and Physical Development oversees activities of the following divisions:
The Physical Development Works and Housing
Development Office (Architectural, Engineering and Quantity Surveying)
Grounds and Gardens
Environmental Health and Sanitation
- Supervises all works and contracts to ensure that construction and renovations are in consonance with prevailing industry standards and specifications.
- Oversees the management of construction contracts with the view of ensuring compliance and due delivery of projects.
- Advises on the procurement of consultancy services relating to the provision of technical advice on construction in compliance with national laws and regulations.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of the buildings, roads, drains, parks and gardens of the University and their designs and drawings.
- Advises on the management and control of land use.
- Advises the Vice-Chancellor and the University Council on matters of land and development.
- Provides architectural and engineering designs and bills of quantities for all University construction projects
Profile of Gabriel Acquaah Hagan
Mr. Gabriel Acquaah Hagan is a married man born on 23rd January, 1981. He is an Architect/Managing Partner by professional experience. He attended Kinbu Secondary Technical School from 1996 - 1998 where he acquired his Senior Secondary School Certificate. He obtained his Bachelor of Science in Architecture (BSc Arch.) and a Master in Architecture (M.Arch.) degrees from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Kumasi, Ghana in 2005 and 2007 respectively.
Mr. Gabriel Acquaah Hagan worked for Design Associate, (2008 - 2010) as an Assistant Architect,Larry Asare & Associate, (2012 - 2013) as an Architect, Yaw Addo Development Ltd, (2013 - 2015) as a Senior Architect/Project Manager, Alcon Architects as an Architecton Part Time basis and Hayden Company Ltd, (2016 – 2019) as an Architect/Managing Partnerbefore joining Cape Coast Technical University in October, 2019 as the Director of Works & Physical Development.
Until his appointment as the Director of Works & Physical Development, some projects/assignments undertaken by him included;
- Resident Architect and Project Manager for the construction of Eleven (11) Storey Mixed Used commercial building (Platinum Place) at Ridge, Accra
- Supervising Architect for all hotels, apartments etc within the estate department
- Project Architect for the Construction of Church Auditorium and Apartment Block for ICGC Possibility Assembly at Dansoman in Accra, Ghana.
- Project Architect for the Construction of 7-Storey Lecture Theatre / Block for the Pentecost University College (PUC) at Sowutuom, Accra – Ghana
- Project Architect for the Construction of Auditorium Block for the Economics Department, University of Ghana, Legon – Ghana
- Project Architect for the Construction / Redevelopment of UNDP Blocks of Flats at Cantonment, Accra – Ghana
- Co-ordinator for Tullow Oil Social Projects: Construction of Science Laboratory (Asuansi Technical Institute) and Mateity Block for Essikado Hospital
- Project Architect for the design of Accra Guest House for the University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa in the Weste Region – Ghana
- Architect for the design of A Master Development Plan for the University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa in the Weste Region of Ghana
- Coordinating member (local sub-consultant) for the Seat of Govement and Presidency, Flagstaff House in Accra – Ghana
- Design Competition – Remodeling/Renovation of Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MOFEP) Building Façade and Reception Area at Accra, Ghana
Mr. Gabriel Acquaah Hagan through his academic prowess became a member of the Ghana Institute of Architects (AGIA). He is humble and has good interpersonal relation.