Elisha D Archimedes Armah
Mr Elisha D'Archimedes Armah was born on the 27th of April, 1972 in a town called Bonyere in the Jomoro Municipality of the western region of Ghana.
He enrolled in Half Assini Secondary school in 1988/89 academic year after he passed a late entrance examination in the same school. He completed his secondary education in 1993. He has a Bachelor of Mathematics Education degree from the University of Education, Winneba and a Master degree in Information Technology Education from the University of Cape Coast. He is currently pursuing a PhD in Computer Applications (E-Learning) at the B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology in India. He is a Certified Virtual Classroom Teacher – 2020 (Skillnet India), eLearning Content Creator – 2020 (ACM -India, IEEE Computer Society-Madras, Computer Society of India – Chennai, CDAC Mumbai).
He holds several certificates including Introduction to Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Essentials all from Cisco Networking Academy, Machine Learning – Python / R- studio, Cloud Computing Technologies.
Mr Armah has taught Mathematics for several years at Wesley Girls High School, Cape Coast after obtaining his Bachelor degree in 2003, before joining the UCC distance Education unit (CODE) as a principal research assistant when he obtained his master's degree. In 2011, he joined the Cape Coast polytechnic as an ICT lecturer.
Mr Armah has held several positions ever since he joined this institution. They include:
- Ag. Head of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Studies Department – 1st Sept. 2020 -
- Acting Director of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Directorate - 14th November 2016 – September 2019
- Academic Board’s Representative on Library and Bookshop Committee – 22nd September 2015 till date
- School of Applied Sciences and Arts Representative on the ICT Committee - till date
- Examination Officer (Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Studies Department- Cape Coast Polytechnic) – 2014 -2016
- Examination Officer (Purchasing and Supply Department- Cape Coast Technical University) – 2017 - 2019
My research areas cut across using modern technology and the internet in the teaching and learning processes. They include e-learning, blended learning and online learning.
- Armah, E.D. (2015). The Impact of Office Information and Communication Technology on the Performance of the Professional Secretary at the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority, Takoradi. International Journal in Management and Social Science. Vol.03 Issue-01. ISSN: 2321-1784, pages 365 - 373
- Armah, E.D. (2015). The Impact of Information and Communication Technology on Secretaries at Cape Coast Polytechnic. African Journal of Applied Research. Volume 1, Issue 1 ISSN: 2408 – 7920, pages 395- 402
- Armah, E.D. (2015). Musculoskeletal Disorders and Duration of Computer Use at Cape Coast Polytechnic, Ghana. African Journal of Applied Research. Volume 1, Issue 1 ISSN: 2408 – 7920, pages 387 – 394
- Armah, E.D. (2014).Integrating Information and Communication Technology into the Ghana Education Head Offices: An Empirical Evidence from Ghana. International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management Volume No. 4, Issue 08 (ISSN 2231-5756 pages 69-74
- Armah, E.D. (2014). An Assessment of Computer Related Stress at the Workplace at Jomoro District Assembly of the Western Region of Ghana. International Journal of Management, IT and Engineering Volume 4, Issue 10 ISSN: 2249-0558. Pages 118 - 132
- Ahiatrogah, P. D. & Armah, E.D. (2012). Determinants of Basic School Teachers’ Level of Computer Literacy in Ghana. International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Management Volume No. 2 (2012), Issue No. 11 ISSN 2231-1009. Pages 14 - 18
- Workshop on How to Write Good Research proposals and Research Paper --- 2015
- Workshop for HODs and Examination Officers ---------- 2011
- Leadership And Management Course ( International Education And Exchange -Service – IEES) – 2003
Mr Elisha D'Archimedes Armah has good knowledge in the following:
- Certified Virtual Classroom Teacher – 2020 (Skillnet India)
- eLearning Content Creation – 2020 (ACM -India, IEEE Computer Society-Madras, Computer Society of India – Chennai, CDAC Mumbai)
- Machine Learning – Python / R- studio
- Cloud Computing Technologies
- Programming Language ( Visual Basic )
- Database Management Systems and Administration
- HTML and Dreamweaver
- Design of Computer Networks For Education
- Information Systems Project Management
- Computer Hardware
- Microsoft Office Applications (MS Access, Excel, Word etc)
- Learning Theories in Educations
- Applications of ICTs in Educations