Department Of Entrepreneurship And Agribusiness [EntA]

Dr. Moses Ahomka Yeboah  Head of Department

Overview Of The Department

The Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness program distinctively furnishes and positions both nascent and existing entrepreneurs to excel beyond ordinarily.  The program moulds the students into a level where they can promote their entrepreneurial concepts through the development of successful business plans and models. The Department combines both entrepreneurship and agribusiness concepts to offer exceptional courses related to entrepreneurship and agriculture through a concept called 40-60. Thus, at the onset of the programme, the students are made to take 60% entrepreneurship courses within the Department, and the remaining 40% is borrowed from other Technical Departments usually in line with the student’s expected areas of specialisation. The idea is to prepare the students to grasp the needed insight in areas they would venture now and in future.

The Agribusiness dichotomy of the department endeavours to meet the growing demand for agribusiness as a key foundation of value-based education, research, development of business, and academic leaders of tomorrow. Thus, the branch aims to produce a new breed of internationally competitive and socially committed graduates in such a way that generates an influential contribution to public, private, non-government, and international organizations through the knowledge of agribusiness and entrepreneurship for the overall development of Ghana. The EntA programme is in direct response to government’s vision of industrializing the Ghanaian economy for accelerated growth and self-reliance through job creation and food sustainability. It effectively aligns well with the key areas of Ghana’s development policy, including the sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Planting for Food and Jobs, as well as One District One Factory (1D1F) initiative by the Government of Ghana.

The Vision Statement

The EntA Department hopes to be the best West-African Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness.

The Mission Statement

To develop the finest techno-industrial and managerially prepared, seasoned entrepreneurs in Agribusiness and Entrepreneurship; To produce superior and high-impact enterprise development entrepreneurially oriented market driven research and creative output; and to deliver outstanding extension services in West Africa, especially in Ghana, and the rest of the world.

Objective Statement

The aim of the programme is to produce qualified job-ready graduates from a wide range of commercial, technical and vocational backgrounds to be able to start – independently or in collaboration with others - new sustainable businesses and grow them based on their respective education and training using modern technologies available for entrepreneurship, and business innovation.        

Core Values

  • Commitment
  • Dependability
  • Efficiency
  • Honesty
  • Passion
  • Innovation


  • Bachelor of Technology in Entrepreneurship and Innovation [4-year Degree]
  • Bachelor of Technology in Agribusiness management and Entrepreneurship [4-year Degree]





Solomon Tawiah Yeboah

Senior Lecturer

Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Branding and Entrepreneurship


Alhaji Abdulai 

Assistant Lecturer

Entrepreneurship and  Family Business


Dr. Atsu Nkukpomu




Isaac Mensah

Assistant Lecturer



Daniel Kwasi Antwi

Assistant Lecturer

Agribusiness Management


Isaac Newton