BTECH and HND in Secretaryship and Management Studies and Professional Diploma and Diploma in Business Administration
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY IN SECRETARYSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (TOP UP FOR HND SECRETARYSHIP AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES)
Minimum Qualifications for Admission
Candidates for admission into the programme must fall under one of the following categories:
1. Higher National Diploma Holders
Graduate of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Secretaryship and Management Studies with a minimum of Second (2nd) Class Lower Division. HND in Secretaryship and Management Studies with a pass shall be admitted after passing a qualifying entrance examination and an interview.
2. Private Secretary Certificate Holders
An applicant with Private Secretaryship Certificate who has one (1) year work experience in Secretarial field shall be admitted after passing a qualifying examination.
3. Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators Level One (1) Holders
Applicants with level one (1) qualification from The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) qualifying examinations shall be admitted after passing an entrance examination and an interview.
4. HND Graduates from other Related Fields of Discipline
Other HND graduates from other related fields of discipline with a minimum of Second (2nd) Class Lower Division and at least two (2) years’ work experience in Secretaryship/ management-related fields will be admitted based on interview performance.
5. Other diploma certificates holders
Applicants with a six-semester diploma certificate in related fields (e.g. secretarial practice or management studies) shall be admitted after passing an entrance examination and an interview.
HND SECRETARYSHIP AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF STUDENTS:
- Six (6) Passes (A –D) in all subject, including English and Mathematics; and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialisation.
The elective passes should be in any of the following programmes:
- Six (6) Passes (A1 – D7) in the core subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) Elective subject in relevant area of specialization.
- Holders of Diploma in Business Administration Certification shall be placed at Level 200
- Must be 25 years old and should provide a Birth Certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) year work experience and
- Pass a written entrance Examination and an interview
- Applicants with stenography certificate may also apply (Such applicants will be required to pass a special English Paper)
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION CTVET RUN ONE (1)-YEAR PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
Candidates must have at least a Second Class Lower in either:
- Diploma in Business Administration offered by the institution or other institutions
- Diploma in Business Administration from a GTEC accredited University.
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Candidate must have four (4) passes in SSSCE/WASSCE/GBCE including English Language and Core Mathematics.
- SSSCE aggregate 24 or better with passes English Language and Mathematics.
- WASSCE aggregate 36 or better with passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- General Business Certificate Examination (formerly RSA II) with passes in English Language and Mathematics.